This page contains talks on special topics in the fields of image and video coding, image and video security as well as the field of security.
Republishing any of the content below, including parts thereof, is not allowed without prior permission.
- How (not) to store passwords (habilitation colloquium lecture at the University of Salzburg)
- Peer-to-peer Energy Trading on a Blockchain – Lessons Learned from an Austrian Proof of Concept (invited lecture at the SNIPPET School 2022: Secure P2P energy trading: From theory to practice hosted by KU Leuven)
- “Seh ich schlecht oder ist der Rasen verschwommen?” – Wie man Videoqualität bei Live-Übertragungen misst (German; inaugural lecture for the professorship award ceremony (“Antrittsvorlesung”) at the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences; low quality version; a high quality version is available upon request)
- The transcoder challenge: What is so difficult about building a transcoder for watermarking?
- What is new in HEVC/”H.265″?
Image and video encryption
- De-identification through post-compression region of interest encryption (presented at the EU COST Action IC1206 MC meeting)
- Post-compression Multimedia Security (Ph.D. thesis defense)
- Slice Groups for Post-Compression Region of Interest Encryption in SVC (presented at the 2nd ACM Workshop on Information Hiding and Multimedia Security)
- Practical Privacy-Preserving Video Surveillance (presented at the 3rd Young Researcher’s Day 2013)
- Region of Interest Signalling for Encrypted JPEG Images (presented at the 1st ACM Workshop on Information Hiding and Multimedia Security)
- Region of Interest Encryption – State of the Art
- Length-preserving Bit-stream-based JPEG Encryption (presented at the 14th ACM Workshop on Multimedia and Security)